Archive for October, 2012
A new Propeller development board is born…
Propteus is a flexible through-hole Propeller development board with a large prototyping area – the latest addition to the “Mikronauts Modular System”.
It can be minimally populated with the power supply section, Propeller and EEPROM (available as “Propteus Base Kit”) or it can be built up into a full development board with micro SD card reader, VGA output, TV output, stereo line level audio, PS/2 keyboard/mouse … or anything in between. Of course, you can add your own custom circuits in the large advanced prototyping area.
Propteus was designed to easily run SphinxOS – if you use the TV output, you will still have 16 Propeller pins free for your own experiments.
Go to the Propteus product page for pricing and more information…
Mikronauts SchoolBoard ][ solderless prototyping board for the Parallax QuickStart is now available!Monday, October 1st, 2012
Mikronauts SchoolBoard ][ solderless prototyping board is now available for Parallax’s great QuickStart board!
(figure 1: assembled SchoolBoard 2 for QuickStart Lite Edition)
SchoolBoard 2 QuickStart Edition Features:
- High quality solder masked silk screened printed circuit board
- flexible prototyping pattern similar to solderless breadboard
- 400 pin solderless breadboard (in Full Kit version)
- eight low current LED’s
- eight push button switches
- eight switch dip switch
- 16 pull up resistors (10k, 1206 smt)
- 24 current limiting resistors (470 ohm, 1206 smt)
- two optional 10 pin stacking headers to pass signals from boards below
- one optional 40 pin stacking header to pass signals from boards below
- four .125″ mounting holes, Parallax standard spacing and location
You can find a lot of photos and ordering details on the SchoolBoard page