Propeller Development, Retro Gaming and Computing platform – Available NOW!
- 100MHz operation, tested for all functions
- 6.800”x2.800′ double sided, solder masked, silk-screened PCB
- Propeller P8X32 (running at 100Mhz)
- 64KB EEPROM
- PCF8563 Real Time Clock
- battery backup of RTC
- optional battery backup of last two DIP SPI ram’s
- two RJ45 jacks for easy RS485 daisy-chained networking (MAX3485)
- IR receiver (38Khz)
- IR transmitter
- two Sega/Atari DB9M joystick ports using a MCP23S17 running at 5VDC
- built-in ‘SerPlug’ MAX3232 serial port with DB9F runs at 1Mbps with optional FTDI USB cable
- uSD socket (push/pull)
- six sockets for SPI RAM/FRAM/FLASH (SOIC8/TDFN pattern under DIP8 socket)
- VGA output (demo board compatible)
- Video output (demo board compatible)
- S-Video output
- Stereo audio out via RCA jacks
- PS/2 keyboard jack (demo board compatible)
- PS/2 mouse jack (demo board compatible)
- DC 2.1mm power jack for 7.5V-9V adapter (not supplied)
- push on / push off power switch
- power ON LED
- 2 user LED’s
- PropPlug/SerPlug header (remove SP3232 to use the header)
- extremely Demo board compatible
- VGA/Keyboard/Mouse pins 100% Protoboard compatible
- up to seven more MCP23S17′s for up to 112 more digital I/O’s
- I2C expansion header for anything you care to hook up to it
Alternate Industrial Configuration:
- two 10-pin ports for upcoming Mikronauts optically isolated I/O modules (instead of DB9M joystick ports)
- three screw terminal instead of DB9F for RS232
- three screw terminals instead of RJ45′s for RS485 networking
- SOIC8/TDFN SRAM/FLASH/FRAM instead of DIP8 memory
PropCade is a self-contained, affordable Propeller platform for:
- writing Spin and Pasm code right on the Propeller with Sphinx
- emulating old computers (Z80, 6809, etc)
- emulating old game consoles
- making arcade cabinets
- serial terminal replacement
- running virtual machines (ZOG, Java and others)
- running FemtoBasic
- VT100 replacement
The possibilities are endless!
Sapieha PCB layout is amazing – this board was designed for 100Mhz+ operation!
Kit #1 – “PropCade 128″
PropCade PCB, *COMPLETE* kit with 128KB SRAM for $109+s/h
Complete means complete – the only empty sockets on the board will be two of the 8 pin dip memory expansion sockets – please see the feature list at the top for what is included.
Add $30 if you would like your PropCade assembled and tested.
Kit #2 – “PropCade Essentials”
PropCade Essentials kit for $39 + s/h
Since a lot of Propeller enthusiasts will already have most of the parts needed to populate PropCade, I thought it would be useful to make a “Bare Kit” consisting only of the parts that are not readily available from DigiKey.
This kit includes ONLY the following parts:
- PropCade printed circuit board
- 6.25Mhz crystal
- uSD socket
- power switch
- triple RCA socket that PropCade is designed to accept
- two of the RJ45 unshielded connectors I use
You will have to supply all of the other parts.
Shipping and handling should be between $28-$35 for XpressPost, and $17-$25 for Expedited Parcel (best guesses, more outside US/Canada) to the continental U.S. including tracking and delivery in 3-5 business days to major urban centers. Please send me your exact address for an accurate shipping quote.
Here is an example of a PropCade complete kit 128K
- XpressPost shipping to California: $28 s/h, includes tracking, 3-4 business day delivery
- Expedited Parcel shipping to California: $17 s/h, includes tracking, 4 business day delivery
- NES joystick interface emulation (for Hydra games)
- pretty much everything from Obex as-is, after changing the xtal frequency!